Taylor’s International School Jawatan Kosong Library Assistant Jun 2015
Library Assistant Taylor’s International School
Taylor’s International School provide terms, conditions and specifications of the Job as Library Assistant which will be placed in Malaysia
Below are the complete of requirements, job specifications, schedule of interviews and addresses and contact (email or phone number) of The Company.
Company : Taylor’s International School
Location : Malaysia
Country : MY
Published at : Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:52:51 GMT
Library Assistant, TIS Puchong
The Library Assistant will catalogue and process library materials received, provide counter services,
display books and shelve books, undertake stock take and other duties related to collection maintenance
as well as administrative duties.
Cataloguing of library materials
• Barcode resources before cataloguing.
• Perform copy cataloguing and classification of all resources received where available, otherwise
• Enter cataloguing/ classification data into the library’s automated system (Musac).
• Complete book processing – call numbers, school chop, date, related stickers and wrap books.
• Update accession books, master catalog cards, data in library system (Musac).
• Edit the catalogue.
• Provide loans and returns service for books, audio visual materials and magazines at circulation
counter as well as deal with loan/reserve enquiries.
• Update borrowers’ records – new users and those leaving (students, teachers, parents and
• Attend to library requests at the counter.
• Teach users how to use the library catalogue and retrieve books
• Collect monies for lost books and library fines.
• Check newspaper arrivals.
• Assist users in accessing library computers
• Ensure Library rules and regulations are properly adhered to by Library users.
• Ensure safe and conducive atmosphere in the library
Cataloguing and processing of Magazines
• Check magazine arrivals as per purchase request.
• Barcode magazines.
• Catalogue new magazines and update record for new issues.
• Complete magazine processing –school chop and date.
Library related duties
• Stocks take – library collection annually.
• Undertake re-shelving of Library materials and maintain bookshelves in good operating order by
conducting regular shelf-reading
• Undertake the updating of catalogue holdings information for materials removed from the
collection, changed location or unwanted.
• Identify damaged and worn reading material for replacement, weeding or simple repair.
• Undertake minor book repairs.
• Weeding books as they are returned or while shelving, to be disposed /repaired.
• Stationery stock check.
• Setting up system and computers in the morning and shut down at end of the day.
• Ensure lost and found items are properly maintained.
• Contribute suggestions for improvements to work progress.
• Contribute ideas to the future directions and strategies of the Library through participation in
• Prepare monthly collection statements for lost books / fines and send money to Finance
• Cutting the relevant articles and display
• Carry out library exhibition and display every month.
• Carry out library activities.
• To assist Librarian to manage Teacher Resource Centre at various section (Kindergarten,
Primary and Secondary)
• To record of booking / cancellation / usage of the classes in the library
• To assist in any matters required by the Librarian / Principal
• STPM / SPM/ Diploma in Information Science.
• Preferably experience in working in a School Library.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Good level of spoken English / verbal communication skill
• Knowledge of international cataloguing and classification standards (e.g. AAC2R, DDC, LC
• Knowledge of cataloguing rules.
• Knowledge of Integrated Library Management System.
• Interpersonal skills – ability to interact with individuals from both within and outside MY.
• Organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, deal efficiently with conflicting
deadlines, prioritize workloads and execute tasks at short notice.
• IT skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word and MS Excel)
• Well organized and meticulous
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo at firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating the position you are
applying for in the subject header.
Acceptance of applications will be on-going until the position has been filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
If You interested and meet the requirements please submit your application immedietly :
To submit your application by online, click on the link labeled with Apply Click Here or Apply This Job at the bottom of this Job vacancy information. Hopefully you get your dream Job….!
- Kindly note that applying to this job also means that your application will be forwarded to employers with similar job vacancies available.
- If you do not wish for your resume to be forwarded to other employers, please do not apply to this job vacancy.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
More Jobs Available :
- Jawatan Kosong Account Executive Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong Accountant E0051/01 Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong MS SQL Server developer Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong Local Report Writer Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong Barista / Cafe Service Crew / Supervisor Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong Sales Representatives Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong Linux Systems Administrator Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong F&B Retail Manager Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong Data Analyst Jun 2015
- Jawatan Kosong Technician 1 - Mechanical Jun 2015
Join Our Facebook Community
NOTE: HOW TO APPLY POSITION OFFERED
Advertisements and any job vacancies displayed on this blog has nothing to do with us. We only convey information about this ads from the original job offer. Maybe no advertising and information office we show in this blog about exactly. We not be responsible on any problems that occur through advertisements offered and displayed on this blog.
Thus, any application, questions, confusion and any problems you may have regarding the position you are interested, please inquire directly to the department, ministry or company that advertises the vacancy, either by email, websites, phone numbers, etc. provided by them.
To visitor who wish to apply for available positions please click the link provided in the ads and please follow the instructions given to know how the means to leave any comments how to apply. Do not disclose your personal information to public. We not be liable for all personal information that disclosed.
You can help your friend or the other by share this Jawatan or Job Vacancy by facebook , twitter or other your social media.