Jawatan Kosong Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) Julai 2013
Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn. Bhd. (MMA), a subsidiary of MISC Berhad, and also a member of the PETRONAS Group of Companies, is the premier Maritime Education and Training (MET) institution in the region with a growing network of affiliation with renowned MET institutions and organizations worldwide. It is also fast gaining a reputation as a leading centre for MET in the region. The Melaka campus is idyllically located in Kuala Sungai Baru overlooking the Straits of Melaka. Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) offers a conducive working, learning and living environment. In our quest to develop future leaders in the maritime industry, we are sourcing for qualified and experienced individuals to join our dynamic team and pursue an excellent career opportunity with us.
Jawatan Kosong Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) :
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill a vacancies at Akademi Laut Malaysia as follows :
1. Executive,Quality & Health,Safety,Security Environment
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of Quality Management System, Health, Safety Security and Environment (QHSSE) of the Academy by assisting the departmental manager in all initiatives.
- Effectively implement action plan for the implementation of QHSSE in the Academy.
- Act as secretary to Internal Quality Auditors’ meeting.
- Coordinate the implementation of internal quality and safety audits.
- Prepare statistical analysis to gauge the effectiveness of quality, safety and security implementation in the Academy.
- Incorporate changes in controlled quality documents and to ensure circulation of updated pages and disposal of old pages.
- Coordinate and conduct quality awareness training for new staff.
- Provide administrative support services to undertake new quality and safety programs/initiatives.
- Act as internal quality auditor to measure the compliance of a particular department to the established quality policy.
- Provide an effective quality document control system by ensuring all quality documents are kept updated and records are retained in accordance to the quality system requirements.
- Analyze audit findings and monitor plans and results of corrective and preventive actions taken by the relevant departments.
- Organize periodic fire drills for staff and students to ensure effectiveness of evacuation and emergency response procedures.
- Conduct/organize QHSE audits, inspections and incident investigation as and when required.
- Create awareness and positive culture amongst staffs and students towards health, safety and environment.
- Monitoring and maintaining QHSE equipment and facility in condition effective and adequate to respond in any emergency situation.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or any relevant field.
- At least 2 years of working experiences in the related field is required for this position.
- Application should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- Willing to work long hours.
- High degree of integrity, maturity, professionalism and loyalty.
- Strong leadership qualities and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to working as part of the team.
- Generate ideas and solutions with some creativity and laterality of thought.
- Demonstrates a broader understanding of the business beyond a single function.
- Works to build or maintain friendly reciprocal and warm relationships or network of contacts with people who are or might someday be useful in achieving work related goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2000 requirements.
2. Food & Beverage (F&B) Superintendent
- Plan, manage and monitor the preparation of approximately 4,000 meals a day by the caterer.
- Conduct inspection on daily basis in making sure that caterer comply with rules and regulations stated by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) and Quality & Health, Safety Security Environment Department (QHSSE).
- Inspect and monitor the quality of goods/raw materials that are received by the Galley.
- Manage, coordinate, prepare, organize and implement all administrative work related to catering services i.e. invoices, feedback, order forms, daily feeding strength, room ambience etc.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor/Diploma in Hotel and Catering or any relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of working experiences in the related field is required for this position.
3. Director, Corporate Affairs
- Strategise, develop and analyze ALAM’s annual Corporate Business Plan to ensure organizational sustainability in the implementation of its policies.
- Strategise, develop and analyze ALAM’s marketing plan to ensure targeted revenue is met and ultimately promoting ALAM as the academy of choice for maritime education and training.
- Strategise, plan and develop a conducive campus environment to facilitate value added learning for all cadets and officers/students from the shipping and maritime industry.
- Develop and enforce specific regimentation program to balance with academic excellence in order to produce a highly competent and disciplined merchant navy officers. At the same time to maintain a conducive learning environment within the campus.
- Strategize, plan and manage the campus activities/administration and welfare to ensure effective and efficient administration at all times to promote a healthy and conducive learning environment.
- Plan and manage the hospitality services provided to cadets, students and guests and manage the diverse values, cultural and religious backgrounds of the Officers and Ratings in order to maintain a harmonious and conducive environment within campus.
- Plan, manage and control the annual business plans to ensure their implementations are within the approved budget. Responsible to provide management performance report on quarterly and yearly basis for management information and make recommendations to facilitate management’s decision making.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the Resource Centre in order to meet the requirement as the source of information in the maritime education and training for ALAM’s cadets/students as well as for other maritime industry players.
- Plan and strategize internal and external corporate programs to realize ALAM’s vision to be a world class maritime academy and to develop and maintain Corporate Relation Management with local and foreign industry players, government authorities, media and public at large in order to uphold ALAM’s image as a respectable maritime training institution in the region.
- Holds a Master’s Degree in Management or equivalent or Certificate of Competency Class 1 Deck/Engine.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in shipping companies or training institutions with at least 5 years of experience in a managerial capacity.
- Possesses effective leadership qualities, supports the building of institutional capabilities and demonstrates positive mindset and attitude in achieving continuous growth in order to realize group’s aspirations towards Global Championship.
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Jawatan Kosong ALAM closing Date : 12,20 & 26 Julai 2013
Join Our Facebook Community
NOTE: HOW TO APPLY POSITION OFFERED
Advertisements and any job vacancies displayed on this blog has nothing to do with us. We only convey information about this ads from the original job offer. Maybe no advertising and information office we show in this blog about exactly. We not be responsible on any problems that occur through advertisements offered and displayed on this blog.
Thus, any application, questions, confusion and any problems you may have regarding the position you are interested, please inquire directly to the department, ministry or company that advertises the vacancy, either by email, websites, phone numbers, etc. provided by them.
To visitor who wish to apply for available positions please click the link provided in the ads and please follow the instructions given to know how the means to leave any comments how to apply. Do not disclose your personal information to public. We not be liable for all personal information that disclosed.
You can help your friend or the other by share this Jawatan or Job Vacancy by facebook , twitter or other your social media.